بِسْــــــــــــــــــمِ ﷲِالرَّحْمَنِ اارَّحِيم
الحمد الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله ﷺ و بعد
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
- What is Salafi Marriage Foundation?
To those who easily got married such a thing doesnt mean anything. However only those who struggled due to family, cultural, religious or socio-economic or other unknown reasons this foundation was an array of hope. The struggling people know it's true value. I began this effort to support the Salafi community as there was no 1 to support me in my own struggle. It began in Saudi Arabia, only by Tawfeeq and Mercy of الله سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and niyyah was to only please Allaah and not make any monetary benefit out of it. The sole purpose was to make the struggle our Muslim brothers and sisters around the world in finding their spouse easy and benefit from an authentic and nonprofit foundation.
- Who used to run it and why is it closed now?
Why I closed the marriage section: Please bear in mind that this work began only due to a dire need as back in 2009-2012 there was no Salafi website supporting on matchmaking. So this was the admins voluntary and individual attempt to help Muslim brothers and sisters in Islaam due to the dire need of such an authentic marriage support system and some senior students were contacted whom I would not like to name to seek guidance on how to run this website but they always gave more value to seeking knowledge and considered all this effort a waste of time and fitnah. So I asked them that what if we make everything as per shariah on this website will it still be haraam? They said No so then I continued the work seeking their advises. Then came some fitnah makers who attacked the website admin in public (FB) who btw claim to be Salafi and without knowing the intent or context of this effort started judging and insulting and attributing lies. This only made the admin stronger in his pursuit to support the truth. However now that in 2019 many sound Salafi's have started this work so then there is no need to reinvent the wheel as I was looking at it from angle of fardh kifaayah. Indeed seeking knowledge of Aqeedah and Manhaj of our deen is an objective of prime importance which is unfortunately not a priority of many seeking marriage. And indeed it is true that this work of matching-making entails fitnah and is not everyone's cup of tea. So I wouldnt advise any random people to work on such a project and just focus all their time and efforts in seeking knowledge and acting upon it and spreading it and being patient upon the trials that come upon. Indeed the honour and wealth of our Muslims is very precious and we should fear Allaah with regards to falling in account of it. The admin tries his best to consult the senior scholars or their senior students of knowledge in making sure that our content is 100% authentic and that we support the truth and dont fear the blame of the blamers.
- What is our scope and how do we function?
Our aim is to please Allaah and challenge Shaitaan as this is the last thing he wants that two sincere practicing Muslim slaves of Allaah come together for His sake and carry on with the mission of living and spreading true Islaam generation upon generation, All Praise be to Allaah!
We now have limited our scope to only educational resource and marriage counseling. You can contact well known Salafi Masaajid and Maraakiz and their Imaam's for direct support with regards to matchmaking, we dont deal with it anymore.
Furthermore we want to reduce the high divorce rates in Muslims communities now which was negligible few years back and mainly Muslims being far away from knowledge and practice of Islaam is the prime reason of it. At the same time we wanted to fill the gap by helping struggling singles get married as well as the poor, the widowed the even help polygeny as it's a forgotten Sunnah. Not only that but we also wanted to build a global marriage support system, where married couples whether in early, middle or final (suffering) phases of their life could get much needed knowledgebase from authentic scholars. So we have a blog now and we share beneficial articles, free e-bk downloads etc marriage related resources. We highly recommend singles as well as married to read Chapter of Marriage in Sahih Al Bukhari and various books on Fiqh like that of Sheikh Saleh Al Fawzaan's works 'AlMulakhkhas Al Fiqhhiyyah'. It's comprehensive and covers all topics related to marriage from cradle to the grave. You will find lot of beneficial resources on our blogs and Youtube channel with all halaal material for married couples to benefit from so that they dont waste time searching content.
For e.g. Salafi psychological support from Professors in Clinical Psychology and therapy sessions, Marriage Counselling, real time fatwas support from real scholars on marriage related issues (alifta.com), Series of Fiqh of Marriage by Abul Abbas Moosa Richardson etc
- Major Problems faced in Marriages today:
- Not able to find a pious spouse in a halaal way (most online matrimony fall into haraam and highly commercialized),
- High divorce rates due to various issues like culture clashes,
- Phobia of marrying only in same tribe or within family and not putting trust in Allaah and His Qadr,
- High Mahr, extravagance, marrying only to Doctors and Engineers or not looking at this Aqeedah and carelessly marrying off daughter to a nonpracticing man or woman for sake of materialism,
- Making education a constraint or excuse to delay marriage or the color of skin of the girl for rejection inspite of being practicing,
- Personality mismatch, religious commitment issues, family politics and cultural tug of wards, inferiority complexes, superstitious beliefs, geographic and visa related issues, Revert sisters not having a Mahrum and not knowing what to do or whom to take help from etc.
We would like to have more real time feedback from singles and couples to broaden the scope of our research and provide better support to the Muslim Ummah by help of Allaah!
The Life to come (Hereafter) should be given special consideration while choosing a pious spouse. For men nothing can more rewarding in this world than a pious Muslimah and for women its their ticket to enter Jannah by any gate they wish provided they obey, establish prayer, guard chastity etc...!
There are many misconceptions related to marriage widespread today amongst all Muslim communities. We can not only say this is general fact but we can back it up with proofs from our experience in this field with the Muslim community. For e.g. a lot of Muslims don't know the fact that they should do a course and learn Marriage rulings before getting married so that they can get away with major mistakes all couples do during and after the marriage. In-addition a Muslimah can't marry without her guardian's (father, brother etc) permission and there is lot of details in in the exception which most are unaware about. We cover lot of this in our SMF blogs and channels to clear all such misconceptions before getting married.
In-case you dont know who are Salafi's or what is Salafiyyah and would like to read and explore then I would recommend below authentic websites:
- I am a non-Muslim and wish to understand Islaam... http://www.spubs.com/sps/sp_nm.cfm
- I am a Muslim and wish to learn the basics... http://www.spubs.com/sps/sp_mm.cfm
- (Arabic Salafi web-site) miraath.net
(Urdu Salafi Audio) www.ashabulhadith.com
- (English Salafi Web-Sites) www.salaf.com l www.troid.ca l www.salafyink.com
- Q&A / Fatawaa www.alifta.com (Arabic/English/French/Urdu/and many more..)
- (Combating Extremism) www.islamagainstextremism.com l
- (English Salafi Audio) www.salafiradio.com ; www.salafiaudio.com
(Salafi Events) www.salafievents.com
- (Salafi Audio Fatawaa) www.miraathpublications.net
- Tawheedekhaalis.com (Authentic articles of scholars on latest issues Urdu/English.
- https://knowledgeofislamblog.wordpress.com/about/ (excellent resource *****)
Having said that, Muslims interested in marrriage should be mature enough to understand Islaam has set limitations and boundaries by which we should govern our lives as we will surely be questioned soon on day fast approaching. Indeed after praying on time, the thing Allaah loves the most is obeying parents in ma'roof (good) and then next comes Jihaad in cause of Allaah.
So as a respectful and obedient son/daughter you should consult them in an extremely respectful way and seek advise as one who doesnt respect our elders is not amongst us. Benefit from their experience and wisdom. Indeed it would hurt if you were a parent and your child would take most important step of his life without your consent. However if they are not practicing they still should be treated with utmost respect but marriage should not be delayed or made extravagant to please them, there is no obedience to the creation when there is disobedience to the Creator. Need to keep a balance in this and only those who have really benefitted from Quran and authentic Sunnah will be able, in shaa Allaah!
Having said that be patient and dont fall for procrastination and loose hope in Mercy of Allah if you are not able to find your spouse in next 6 months or even years rather smile and earn ajaar by being patient and you are not going to get away without a test/trial*
(and persevere as Allah says 'Wastaeenu Bis Sabri Was Salaah' seek help (from Allah) by patience and Salaah.)
Generally successful marriages are those where man knows the Seerah of the Messenger of Allaah Sallallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam, a strong Aqeedah and Manhaj, knows well the fundamentals of marriage (fiqh) like being financially stable, kind, caring and just etc Whilst women who are brought up on the Seerah of the wives and daughters of the Messenger of Allaah Peace and Blessings be upon him, you are virgin, younger and all-rounder in terms of managing house chores and children, sustaining her chastity and beauty, specially by not going out unnecessarily.
Some important Tips and Advises coming from personal experience in marriage as well as inputs of several Muslims around the world:
- For the Brothers:
- To Guardians of Sisters:
Please let the brother see your daughter if he qualifies in his deen and ikhlaaq as it is reported authentically in Sahih Ahaadeeth and dont try to hide her and force him to marry her without having looked at her.
Try to choose same geographic location and your family values should be matching.
See that proposer practices not only waajibaat but also Mustabahaat in deen like use of Miswaak.
Dont delay Nikaah once the brother has proposed and you have accepted.
Dont go for engagements, directly do Nikaah and let the new husband take her wife right after Waalimah, according to the Sunnah the father should drop his daughter to his son-in-laws house.
These are the times of fitan (trials and tribulations) so be very careful whom you choose as your companion.
- Take time to investigate in best way possible. Bring all the things on the table which may cause conflict later on like relocation, polygamy, employment of spouse, keeping t.v. or internet in the house etc.
- Please note parents will be part of process and also all personal information of our clients (brothers and sisters) in Islam will be kept with full confidentiality. We will delete these profiles once you find your suitable match from a good family.
- Let the couple realize that once they commit and have children it will be very difficult to separate after marriage and they will be solely responsible for destroying future of their children
- Dont ask for photos of each other rather meet face to face. No pics will be entertained for religious and security reasons in our forms rather face to face meeting highly encouraged amidst the Mahaarim (guardians permission) once preliminary verification and matching on deen (what matters) is done. However you can put a picture of your favourite book or food (non living pic in the form) e
The more you focus and take time with this the more it will reduce chances of divorce and never give up!
May Allaah guide all of us and make all of our affairs easy and reward us for all that we do sincerely to seek His Pleasure!
سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك أشهد أن لا إله إلا أنت أستغفرك وأتوب إليك